News & Events
Communique of the Annual General Meeting of the Vincentian Family 2017Date Posted:
We , the members of the Vincentian Family, Nigeria, held our Annual General Meeting at St, Louise's Provincial House, Ogale, Nchia-Eleme, Rivers State. Having reflected on the theme, " I was a Stranger and you welcomed me", presented by Rev. Fr. Cletus Kpalap, we now address our communique to the various arms of the Vincentian Family in Nigeria which include:
- Ladies of Charity
- Congregation of the Mission
- Daughters of Charity
- Association of the Miraculous Medal
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul and
- Vincentian Marian Youth
We present the communique thus;
- Collaboration: The family emphasized the need for co-ordinated collaboration among the various arms of the Vincentian Family in rendering services to the poor and needy in the society.
- The Family expressed concern on the economic recession being experienced in the country and therefore call on the government at all levels to provide palliative measures and create an enabling environment for non-governmental organizations to assist the vulnerable and further ameliorate the growing state of poverty in our society.
- The family encouraged all arms to improve and intensify their services to our "Lords and Masters',providing their needs and visiting them in their homes.
- The Family further encouraged members not to be discouraged or regret theircharity to the poor, most especially, in the face of deception, fraud , lies, insincerity and outright rejection.
- The Family notified members of the 400th anniversary of the existence of the vincentian charism and resolved that family members at provincial levels should plan and celebrate together between September 27th and 1st of October, 2017 and report back. It was also resolved that apart from the Annual General Meeting, THE vINCENTIAN fAMILY SHOULD HOLD MEETINGS AT PROVINCIAL LEVEL.